It's our birthday!!! One year anniversary!

Yes one year ago today there was a disruption in the universe that ended up in creating this community. As promised we have winners from our Birthday Scavenger Hunt.

Go to the following link to find out who and what the final answers were:

Click here!
Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
User avatar
By rlm328
#70377
The EPA is in the process of re-clarifying what is and is not an off road vehicle. Seems like any track car that started life as a production car is a street car for its entire life and must meet all EPA requirements. What is that going to do the motor sport industry?

User avatar
By fpena944
#70384
rlm328 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm The EPA is in the process of re-clarifying what is and is not an off road vehicle. Seems like any track car that started life as a production car is a street car for its entire life and must meet all EPA requirements. What is that going to do the motor sport industry?

Such a waste of time to go after track cars when they are basically a rounding error in comparison to the emissions from all other sources. Aren't there bigger fish to fry?
User avatar
By N_Jay
#70386
fpena944 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:48 pm
rlm328 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm The EPA is in the process of re-clarifying what is and is not an off road vehicle. Seems like any track car that started life as a production car is a street car for its entire life and must meet all EPA requirements. What is that going to do the motor sport industry?

Such a waste of time to go after track cars when they are basically a rounding error in comparison to the emissions from all other sources. Aren't there bigger fish to fry?
Except they are not going after "Track Cars" as much as Street Cars running equipment not designed to be used on a street car.
User avatar
By rlm328
#70404
N_Jay wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:00 pm
fpena944 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:48 pm
rlm328 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm The EPA is in the process of re-clarifying what is and is not an off road vehicle. Seems like any track car that started life as a production car is a street car for its entire life and must meet all EPA requirements. What is that going to do the motor sport industry?

Such a waste of time to go after track cars when they are basically a rounding error in comparison to the emissions from all other sources. Aren't there bigger fish to fry?
Except they are not going after "Track Cars" as much as Street Cars running equipment not designed to be used on a street car.
That maybe true but a car like mine that started life as a street car and has been turned into a track only car still falls into their net.
User avatar
By lupo.sk
#70406
Yeah, makes total sense, just like banning straws in 1st world nations while China and India pollute the shit out of everything.

Maaaybe if someone went after large container ships and made them install particle filters and Nx and Sx reduction equipment, I’d applaud.

This is just to piss people off.
User avatar
By Gator_86_951
#70471
As I mentioned on Rennlist, this comes up every few years and never goes anywhere. If you guys actually really care, I can dig into the proposed rules and call one of my regulatory friends.
User avatar
By fpena944
#70488
N_Jay wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:00 pm
fpena944 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:48 pm
rlm328 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm The EPA is in the process of re-clarifying what is and is not an off road vehicle. Seems like any track car that started life as a production car is a street car for its entire life and must meet all EPA requirements. What is that going to do the motor sport industry?

Such a waste of time to go after track cars when they are basically a rounding error in comparison to the emissions from all other sources. Aren't there bigger fish to fry?
Except they are not going after "Track Cars" as much as Street Cars running equipment not designed to be used on a street car.
True but the language in these bills usually creates some additional unintended results.

I was thinking at first that any state with an inspection will catch these vehicles anyway, then I remembered, a lot of states don't have them so no option there.
Gator_86_951 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:18 am As I mentioned on Rennlist, this comes up every few years and never goes anywhere. If you guys actually really care, I can dig into the proposed rules and call one of my regulatory friends.
Yeah I also get emails from SEMA about these bills too. Thankfully like you said they don't often seem to go anywhere. But you know how it goes, you keep chipping away at something and eventually it will break free.

Two companies are working on making new connecto[…]

Schedule: https://res.cloudinary.com/dcx7bbpx8/im[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

Back to work on Orangie. https://i.imgur.com/aH[…]

I'm gonna lead a cheer at the Breakfast for Maddog[…]