Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By David993S
After looking at the incident multiple times, I've revised my opinion that it was more of a racing incident. Hamilton should have not have squeezed Max at the apex so much, and Max could have possibly avoided it by either backing out or cutting the corner to take the fight to Hamilton later.
Either way, you've got to leave some room with formula cars.
Great to see Daniel Ric win this one.
Last edited by David993S on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By SeanR
What a fantastic race, one of the best of the season. Very happy with how this one turned out.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Multi21 liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
I found it funny when Val was asked if he saw it on the big screen. As if he should be watching TV when he's racing. :roflmao:
By Gator_86_951
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:17 pm I found it funny when Val was asked if he saw it on the big screen. As if he should be watching TV when he's racing. :roflmao:
Yeah, wtf was that all about. “You just got out of your car. Did you see the wreck?” LOLWUT?! :lol2:
By JustBud
SHOOEY!!!!! :drunk:

At least the "racing incident" took out both of the contenders, not like Silverstone where Hammilocks gained 25 points.
Although Brundle's British britches were filling with tears.....he did admit at one point it was a racing incident. Crofty and Ted were trying every way they could think to compare Silverstone and Monza but one gave a certain British driver a 25 point advantage.

I'll just leave this here..... :jumper: :beerchug: :jumper:

So good to see Danny Ricc win with all the struggles he's been through this year.....
SeanR liked this
By SeanR
So it looks like the FIA has determined that Max was at fault for the crash today and give him a 3 grid penalty for it. Not that it matters because RB was going to stick a new power unit in the car and he'd have to start back at the end of the grid anyway. BS decision I think.
By Scott at Team Harco
WTF. How is that possible?

Sure looked like one of them racin' deals to me.
By Multi21
So happy for the Smiling Assassin, Danny RIC!! And putting in a fastest lap of the race at the very end shows he had something in hand in the event he was challenged at any point. Watching he, Norris and Zak Brown drink the Shoey was just icing on the cake.

maFIA strikes again. Racing incident IMO and neither gained or lost anything from the incident unlike Silverstone where Hamilton sends Max to the hospital and gains 25 pts. in exchange for 5 second penalty. I swear Toto has pictures of the FIA officials with goats or something to garner so much favoritism.

Curious If Max puts it on pole at Sochi and has to drop to P4 for the start of the race, why would RBR take an engine penalty there? Why not wait for sometime like a qualifying crash or bad luck where he would be out of the top 10 to start the race to take it?
SeanR liked this
By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:12 pm So happy for the Smiling Assassin, Danny RIC!! And putting in a fastest lap of the race at the very end shows he had something in hand in the event he was challenged at any point. Watching he, Norris and Zak Brown drink the Shoey was just icing on the cake.

maFIA strikes again. Racing incident IMO and neither gained or lost anything from the incident unlike Silverstone where Hamilton sends Max to the hospital and gains 25 pts. in exchange for 5 second penalty. I swear Toto has pictures of the FIA officials with goats or something to garner so much favoritism.

Curious If Max puts it on pole at Sochi and has to drop to P4 for the start of the race, why would RBR take an engine penalty there? Why not wait for sometime like a qualifying crash or bad luck where he would be out of the top 10 to start the race to take it?
Anybody know who the stewards were for Monza? My bet is they were three Brits..... :gaywave:

The MacShooey was awesome.... :beerchug: I think Lando almost puked and spit it out...... :puking: :lol2:
By Scott at Team Harco
I'm not sure the stewards would make that call. The FIA used to be primarily French. Don't know about now. Regardless, there's a lack in consistency.
By JustBud
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:40 pm I'm not sure the stewards would make that call. The FIA used to be primarily French. Don't know about now. Regardless, there's a lack in consistency.
That's an understatement....

Valterri on missing out on his part of the shooey! :lol2:

By Gator_86_951
JustBud wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:58 pm
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:40 pm I'm not sure the stewards would make that call. The FIA used to be primarily French. Don't know about now. Regardless, there's a lack in consistency.
That's an understatement....

Valterri on missing out on his part of the shooey! :lol2:

Bottas was on FIRE this weekend with the ROFLs.

I still think his reaction to the incident in turn 1 was about the best interview I have seen in ages. Then again, the question about whether he saw the wreck at that point was exceptionally stupid.

By linderpat
just wow. That was one hell of a race. Happy to see Danny boy grab the ring. The indy race from Portland later yesterday was pretty darn good too.
By JustBud
It's nice to see Valterri enjoying himself, he acts like a man that has had a huge weight lifted from his shoulders.
By JustBud
racing incident that cost Max three grid spots.... I liked his analysis of the Silverstone incident too.

By Gator_86_951
JustBud wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:39 am It's nice to see Valterri enjoying himself, he acts like a man that has had a huge weight lifted from his shoulders.
Agreed 100%. I can only imagine having that albatross taken off your neck is quite liberating.
By Multi21
Max will start at the back of the grid this weekend giving LuLu the championship points lead after this weekend. Gotta say, between Hamilton crashing into Max at 180 mph sending him to the hospital, destroying 1 of this 3 engines in the process, Bottas knocking Max out and the FIA penalty for a racing incident, it would be a miracle if Red Bull and/or Max win either title this year.

"Red Bull was braced for a grid penalty at some point in the second half of the season after losing one of Verstappen’s three engines for the season as a result of crash damage at Silverstone when he collided with Lewis Hamilton."
By Scott at Team Harco
That was fun. Last few minutes of Q3...

Too bad it's likely to be dry tomorrow. Should still be interesting to see how it goes.

All three Brits in the first two rows. Might not see that again, for a while.
By Multi21
Toto talks WAY TOO MUCH... the timing couldn't have been better.

Toto says Lewis won't be yielding in the future.

Lewis Hamilton has decided not to back out of on-track battles when he believes he has a right to the corner, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff says.

Wolff said it followed discussions over the aggressive approach to racing of title rival Max Verstappen of Red Bull.

"The change in approach is that Lewis pretty much decided not to bail out any more when he thinks the corner is his," Wolff said.

"Now it needs two to understand when a collision can be avoided."

Apparently not as Lewis has managed to hit his front jackman, the pit in wall and the outside wall in sector 3 - and it's only Saturday. Did Toto tell lewis that all 3 of these are not the Red Bull car driven by Max? LOL

I'm sure Hamilton will bounce back or off something tomorrow and win it as it should be dry and he's in the best car on grid but the pressure of actually having someone else breathing down his throat is getting to him.

Congrats to the future on that qualifying podium and good to see the best historical names in F1, McLaren, Ferrari and Williams there.
By Multi21
Headline after qualifying today: "Wolff Explains Why Hamilton is NOT Responsible for His F1 Crash at Sochi". :rofl: I guess Max drove him into the pit wall and race track barrier :rofl:

Fun facts:

- LH has only qualified on pole once in the last 11 races

- His future teammate George Russell has out qualified him in a Williams in 2 of the last 3 races

- Since the summer break, Hamilton has had more incidents with hitting other cars, pit crew members and walls than Nikkita Mazespin! :thumbsdow

Yet, he'll still win tomorrow because over a race distance of 300 km the Mercedes is so much faster than other cars in dry conditions that all his mistakes combined will be negated.
By Scott at Team Harco
Multi21 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 pm Headline after qualifying today: "Wolff Explains Why Hamilton is NOT Responsible for His F1 Crash at Sochi". :rofl: I guess Max drove him into the pit wall and race track barrier :rofl:

Fun facts:

- LH has only qualified on pole once in the last 11 races

- His future teammate George Russell has out qualified him in a Williams in 2 of the last 3 races

- Since the summer break, Hamilton has had more incidents with hitting other cars, pit crew members and walls than Nikkita Mazespin!

Now that - is a fun fact. :beerchug:
By Gator_86_951
Glad to see the meme master on Pole. Always been a big Norris fan.

Also like to see Hamilton struggle. Clown.
By Multi21
Bottas had one of his allotted 3 engines installed at Spa. Then he took a 4th engine at Monza and subsequent penalties as Mercedes said they would need it at some point in the remainder of the season. Now Mercedes has taken another fresh engine for Bottas just to block Max at the back. It's clear Mercedes have no confidence Lewis can beat Max straight up.
FlatSix liked this
By Multi21
An unbelievable race!! F1 is so good this year :bowdown:

McLaren messed up Lando's first win by not bringing him in and Lewis, yet again, lucks into a race win but the points difference is only +2 to Max but Max has the extra engine for the remainder of the season. RBR basically neutralized Mercedes today with Max finishing 2nd after starting dead last. Toto must be in total fear of how they sit now with 6 races left.
linderpat liked this
By JustBud
Heartbroken for Lando..... he was devastated...

And how, I mean how does Lewis get so lucky...... although he seemed a bit disturbed by Max getting a bit of Hammyluck.

That was nice to see...... and of course, the Brits behind the mic, they always mention how lucky Max has been, but nothing about Hammilocks.
By David993S
Multi21 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 am An unbelievable race!! F1 is so good this year :bowdown:

McLaren messed up Lando's first win by not bringing him in and Lewis, yet again, lucks into a race win but the points difference is only +2 to Max but Max has the extra engine for the remainder of the season. RBR basically neutralized Mercedes today with Max finishing 2nd after starting dead last. Toto must be in total fear of how they sit now with 6 races left.
Actually, McLaren did call Lando in for intermediates, and he responded "No, No, No!". So at least some of the responsibility rests with Lando thinking he could hold on to a damp track for 2 more laps. Unfortunately, it started raining harder and the Cry Baby was already on inters.

Incredible race none-the-less. I just hate Cry Baby's good luck, but some of it can be attributed to Mercedes' race strategy.
By Multi21
You're correct. I've seen subsequent interviews Lando has conducted and he did say he was supposed to come in and ignored the call. Ironically, Hamilton wanted to stay out as well but Mercedes ordered him to come in because they had put Bottas on Intermediates a lap earlier and he was flying so they had data to prove it to be the better tire at the time.
By linderpat
very entertaining. And Max continues to amaze. That was some driving.
By Scott at Team Harco
linderpat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:28 pm very entertaining. And Max continues to amaze. That was some driving.
Max's last five laps. Great perspective.

By linderpat
yeah, that's amazing. These guys are as cool as F-16 dog fight pilots.
By Multi21
Captain hairdo will take only a 10 grid spot penalty in Turkey because he's only changing some components of his P/U (ICE). One could start a lap down in the Merc and still end up on the podium. Forecast calls for on and off race this weekend. Should be another good one.
By Multi21
I'm hoping he does the Kid & Play pencil eraser hairdo at some point. Don't know if his helmet would fit tho
By Crisis
Should be an interesting start to tomorrow’s race, especially given the number of cars that went off the course at turn one in qualifying. Max will be pushing hard to pass Valteri early, so not to be stuck behind him while Lewis has to work his way through traffic back in the pack. Definitely set up to be a good one, even more so if the rain comes.
By Multi21
Bottas has outscored both Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton since being told he will not longer be with Mercedes next year. But fear not! Toto has found a way to make sure Valterri does not finish in front of Lewis this weekend and that to have him take yet another new engine and start him from the back…that’s now 3 new engines in 4 races.

In all seriousness, Mercedes is up to something and wonder if they are using Bottas for testing new components in their engine for next year. Taking all these engines when it’s absolutely unnecessary and they are most likely exploiting a loophole in the sporting regulations.
By SeanR
Shaping up to be a fantastic race today. Sadly, with ABC being the one to broadcast we are not getting the Sky Sports pre-race show. Can't even find it on the ESPN app.
By David993S
SeanR wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am Shaping up to be a fantastic race today. Sadly, with ABC being the one to broadcast we are not getting the Sky Sports pre-race show. Can't even find it on the ESPN app.
ABC is off to a bad start with Danica yammering on and on. Hopefully the race will be good.
By Scott at Team Harco
SeanR wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:12 pm Danica's yammering is much better than the drivel Lulu was just spewing. Although I've always had a crush on Danica.
I can't take that bitch. It seems there is a long line of past 'buddies' that agree.
New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]

Bring A Trailer finds

Winning bid of $295K for the Vector doesn't real[…]