By tooloud10
While I do enjoy FCA's recent antics of simply stuffing the largest engine they can in every vehicle they make, the Wranglers I've been in don't seem like they would benefit from more speed. :hiding:
By N_Jay
I remember the first V8 CJ-5s from back in my Jeeping days.

Pick your foot off the gas too fast in a manual and the rear end would skid and swing.
You didn't even have to be in a corner. No weight on the rear wheels and and way too much deceleration torque.

Of course for those crazier (and richer) than me, the AMC 304, 360, and 390 engines all shared the same block, so with very little work, after finding a 390 Ambassadors or Javelin (Or police Matador) in the junk yard you could have a 390ci CJ!
By amdavid
Drove a CJ5 for years, loved that thing. Straight 6 was the best motor for the CJ's. The V8's were too much motor for that 4x4. Although I a lot of fun breaking driveshafts and getting those V8's to "wheelie".
By N_Jay
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:22 pm Drove a CJ5 for years, loved that thing. Straight 6 was the best motor for the CJ's. The V8's were too much motor for that 4x4. Although I a lot of fun breaking driveshafts and getting those V8's to "wheelie".
Don't forget the underpowered but unbreakable slant 152 (literally 1/2 a 304 V8) It even used the same distributor with half the lobes and half the wire posts gone.

I forget whose Straight 6 went in after the old flathead Willies/Ford unit.
By AKSteve
I have a 2012 Rubicon that I keep down at our fishing spot these days. It used to be my daily driver before I got my Ford Raptor. It's a lot of fun to drive, but could definitely use some more power, especially on the highway. I'll wait to read the reviews on the new 392, but I'll bet it's a blast to drive.
my heater stopped working

I've been finding more and more HVAC Rheostats ins[…]

997 Forum

I'll take it if not already spoken for. Thanks[…]

Honda ACTY (Kei Truck)

Those are sweet, in an odd sort of way!