By sh944
My dream car is a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429. It’s nightmare from an engineering perspective, it never worked “right”, but damned if I don’t want one...
Last edited by sh944 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Gator_86_951
Great cars! We had a good friend from the Shelby club that sold a 68 or 69 Cobra Jet Shelby in boxes that was 1 of 1 back in the early 2000s. Bought a new GT-40 with the proceeds. Iron Mike (as we called him) was a good dude; he had a machining business in Buffalo-hence "Iron Mike." Dad made some dentures for him with embossed ford logos. He is no longer with us, unfortunately.

I had a 68 J Code Fast back in Undergrad. Converted to a 5 speed Tremec. Picked that car up in Jacksonville after the conversion ON 9/11/2001. True story. So creepy, nobody was on the road. We sold it when I was in graduate school. I wish we had never sold that car. I'll get another one. Will be cheap soon as boomer interest dies...
By yellowducman
I've got a 70 mach 1 I've had since 1988. First car. Hope to restore it one day.
By AllanH
My first car was a 1965 Mustang fastback 4sp-289. Great car but handled like a brick. Drum brakes, squishy suspension and a chassis that was so soft you could jack one corner off the ground like 3" before anything else moved. Damn I loved that car.
By SidViscous
Ex wife had a 67 or 66 base model mustang. Drums all around and an inline 6.

Practically had to stop to take a corner.
By amdavid
I had a 67 coupe straight 6, it had its appeal, but i would only long term own a fast-back...and yeah, they didn't corner at all.
By Erik N
sh944 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:31 am My dream car is a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429. It’s nightmare from an engineering perspective, it never worked “right”, but damned if I don’t want one...
My best friend in HS had a '69 Mach 1. Green on black. Souped up.Cam, headers, etc. Had the Hurst shifter w/ the lever for reverse. Nice car, it could smoke the BFG's in all 4 gears. A monstrocity.
Drum brakes could not slow that bitch for anything.
Speedo cable broke one nite, on 280 headed North. 120+
I was in the back seat, remember the car feeling like it was about to become airborn.
By ny991
My 68' GT 390 4-speed. It's just a blast to drive. Tons of torque.
By fpena944
Dad had a 1970 Chevelle SS for a while. What a monster on a straight line!

Had to sell it to invest in his business but if I ever have the means it would be nice to find one for him to enjoy again.
By ny991
Nice! Upgraded to 5.0, that’s gotta sound nice!
By NCporsche
High school sweetheart, a “good” Catholic girl, wanted to get married, have a passel of kids, and get a Mustang Pony. I could envision all of the above except the Pony.

One year later I saw her married, pregnant, driving her Pony.
By Scott at Team Harco
ny991 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:57 am Nice! Upgraded to 5.0, that’s gotta sound nice!
Tight fit.

By ny991
I have a 68 mustang with a 390 and I pay people to change the plugs! Lol! It has to be really tight!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]