It's our birthday!!! One year anniversary!

Yes one year ago today there was a disruption in the universe that ended up in creating this community. As promised we have winners from our Birthday Scavenger Hunt.

Go to the following link to find out who and what the final answers were:

Click here!
Welcome all 928 forum refugees!
By Mongo
My 1987 S4 has a small leak in the lower oil cooler line on the driver side. I was greeted by various part numbers for both lines connecting to the top and bottom of that side of the radiator. The leak is at the radiator side and has a slight weep when the engine is running.

Nevertheless, this is a potential fire hazard and a potential mess on my fully degreased bottom end. My car was manufactured in 10/86. 928 International shows both lines under the part number 92810703705. However, it looks like this part number goes up to 86.5. Auto Atlanta shows two different part numbers - 92810730107 and 92810730209. I'm baffled.

What are the part numbers to these two oil lines???
By worf
The last two are for 87-89.

Auto Atlanta shows the first number for pre-87 which is correct:
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-part ... ion=104-00

Unless your ’86.5 needs ‘87 lines. If that’s the case you want 301 07 and 302 08. You do not want the ‘90+ 09 hoses.
By worf
Welcome Mark! :drink:

P.S. I don’t order stuff from Auto Atlanta. But, there website is functional.
By Crumpler
Good to see Mongo and Mr928 over here!

So I did the up to 86 lines on my 86.5, I don’t think they were German, so they may have been Porsche, I can’t remember but I do remember the up to 86 lines being slightly shorter which resulted in having to clock the lines a little awkwardly but worked fine.

I have since bought block adapters from Pegasus Racing that convert to -AN fittings. Eventually I just ran them to 10 row setrab cooler. Different thread topic though.
By jej3
Sh!t. Just realized I answered this thread on RL.

Good to know about Mark's service. Was not aware :)
Last edited by jej3 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ALKada
Had mine rebuilt in Dallas for $90.00 . Fully tested on high speed run to S. Dakota. I was told hoses were Mercedes Benz hoses. I told them any German would do... ;)
By jej3
jej3 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:45 pm Sh!t. Just realized I answered this thread on RL.

Good to know about Mark's service. Was not aware :)
Well... I had the fun of poking the bear (GB) over on RL. Never a dull moment when he reacts to someone praising another vendor over him.
By Crumpler
I just saw this.
Well said.
I used to think it was holier than thou, self importance, that kept him going. Now I wonder if it’s just insecurity, the need to poop in everyone else’s stuff.
If I had a nickel for every time I had to hear how busy he is, and yet has time to seemingly patrol the forum all day?
By jej3
He's fully coming unhinged. I'm a bit sad about it but sad for the loss of a person who was helpful and became hell bent on the world stealing his ideas (you know, like rebuilding OIL COOLER hoses).

Ugghhh...
By jej3
<SNIP>

I don't like GB but he's not here to defend himself so I'll not say anything more than "I'm not a fan"
Last edited by jej3 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Two companies are working on making new connecto[…]

Schedule: https://res.cloudinary.com/dcx7bbpx8/im[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

Back to work on Orangie. https://i.imgur.com/aH[…]

I'm gonna lead a cheer at the Breakfast for Maddog[…]