Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Crumpler
Great write up as usual.
I stick to my initial response that it’s not fair that we now have to worry about the continuity of each wire on our cars. I have enough to fix already :banghead:
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm I stick to my initial response that it’s not fair that we now have to worry about the continuity of each wire on our cars. I have enough to fix already :banghead:
Life's not fair. I get to worry about every wire on ~50 928s.

@Shifted didn't read your entire treatise yet. But, after 30+ years, all(*) of the ABS harnesses from each wheel well up to and including the body harness are all one hard bend from breaking internally. To date, all but one ABS problem I've encountered were due to intermittent inside-the-harness or at-the-plug-connector issues. I've not once ever found a bad sender or bad sender pigtail harness.

(*) The '87-89 wheel well harnesses are particularly bad. A material change was made towards the end of MY'89 and those harnesses are much much better. However, the white (brown now) plastic connectors are the same crap material.

There is a 'dude' who's slowly but surely developing the bits and pieces to make new ABS harnesses. Roger and others resell his bits. But, he's only about 1/2 there.

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]