8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By chalkboss
I'm posting this from RL for Darien. He's travelling and hasn't been to this site yet...

Looking for the owner of this (I believe) Red 90GT with a Andy Keel TS kit installed by Louie Ott. It changed a couple owners over the years but currently unknown. Anyone know

1989 5spd Shark, Taubenbau Blue
2011 Cayenne Turbo (Silver Fox)
2014 Panamera Turbo S (Grey Ghost)

"Rocket" (RIP) gone but never forgotten
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdd43memrz...64703.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwhyl5w5bd... ... 0[img][img][/img][/img]
By SeanR
One of the owners brought it over to me to have a look over and give my opinion a few years ago. I told him from the start that he needed to not launch the car and be gentle as he will screw up the transmission. Next day he left one of the cars/coffee events as we were leaving as a group, what does he do? Stands on it, drifts it, slams it in to 2nd gear and takes off. A few weeks later I get a call from a shop asking if I was willing to work on a transmission on a supercharged car they had come in and told him nope, yank it and send it off to Greg Brown. I asked if the car was red and the SC kit a twin screw. It was. I had a few phone calls from people over the years asking if I knew the car or could do trans work on it. Same answer I gave to all of them.

Wondered where the car ended up. Other than the above, I have no clue about it now days.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:11 pm Next day he left one of the cars/coffee events as we were leaving as a group, what does he do? Stands on it, drifts it, slams it in to 2nd gear and takes off. A few weeks later I get a call ...
Poor 928. :banghead:
By Mongo
I haven't seen a Keel kit for a long time. I miss the twin screw setups and those sounds they make.

Nowadays I just hear the whining from a local Hellcat up the street. Would love to supercharge my 928 someday.
By Crumpler
That set up looks great.
The shield for airflow looks very cool too.
I tried to fabricate something like that years ago and could never swing anything that looked clean because of the actuator arm from the headlight motor.
I wonder how he pulled that off.
By Stepson
With some assistance, I found the name of the owner of the car Darien was looking for. Using my sleuthing skills with the name, I found the owner's address and contact info and a relatively current picture of the car. Darien called the owner and had a nice chat. Apparently, the car has been out of commission for a while, but with Darien's call, the owner expressed interest in getting it back on the road. Darien told the guy that he would help. I'd be interested in helping with something like that as would several others local to us. We will keep you all posted with further developments. :)
Crumpler liked this
Rear Brake line Seized

Yes, not the easiest job I have done. Should get t[…]

Hey everyone! revisiting an old thread to finall[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]