Welcome all 928 forum refugees!
By JBRob007
I just bought a dust covered 82 Chiffon White w/ Rogerbox barn/garage find. Needs a leather dash & pod and driver seat recover, but the rest of the leather interior is in VERY good shape - needs a LOT of cleaning, scubbing, and TLC. It has a 928 Motorsports built 5.0 liter short block w/ 84 top end (cams/intake), complete top end refresh, forged pistons, steel sleeved cylinders, oil pan spacer, mini-starter, MMs, steering rack, 1/2 shafts, engine harness, green wire, race radiator, etc, etc... A TON of work done in 2016 including a working 928MS Stage I Super Charger kit with all the gauges. Took us a day to get the car running and a week to get it running well (after we removed the SC kit and replaced the fuel pump, new gas/techron, hotter plugs). We adjusted the transmission modulator (after removing the SC kit) so it starts right up, runs great and shifts smooth at well over 100 mph. The car was owned by a guy who doesn't know a screw driver from a wrench and it was sitting in a dusty garage since 2017 on 16" phone dials / Toyo 888 racing tires and a spare set of 15" phone dials leaning against the rear bumper. The BEST part is the tool box is complete including the yellow handled screw driver & plastic orange box of spare bulbs/fuses, tire pump, & aux belts from the factory / owners manuals. The plan it to CALL ROGER (help fund his summer vacation plans) by reverting back to stock, as close to stock as possible, without replacing the 5.0 liter (damn car MOVES even with a 3 speed), replace the enginebay fuel supply/return hoses, clean the interior & work on the seats while Mike does his magic with the all ORIGINAL (single stage) Chiffon White paint. I'll post pics as soon as I can get them off my phone. Sorry for the loooooooong intro, but I'm pretty stoked about the find. :jumper:
By JBRob007
BTW... Anyone in the market for a complete 928 Motorsports Stage I Super Charger kit (with EVERYTHING including gauges) asking $2500 OBO please contact me at (614) 886-three, five, one, one. Pretty good price since these kits cost $6K new, but negotiable...
By Redgt
Joel, great find! Love to hear about barn fines! Hope you bring it to Frenzy this year. :bigok:
By JBRob007
Bob! Great to hear from you! Chances are it will be sold by then... I have 3 now with no space and can't afford to keep 3 - 30ish year old cars running. Wish I could. If / when we sell it, I'll post it on here first - it's a great project car with all the BIG stuff already done.

I do have a question for the peanut gallery. If it has a 5.0 liter bottom and a 16V top end, is it or is it not an interference engine? Love the idea of having a non-interference 5.0 liter. Damn thing runs like a raped ape!
By The Fat Man
Joel, to my knowledge, the 5.0L pistons have to be flycut for valve clearance with the 16V heads. I believe you end up with an interference engine.
By linderpat
Hey Joel - great to see you over here. Chiffon white is a great color. Can’t wait to see this one. :rockon:
By checkmate1996
Without
By JBRob007
PICTURES!!! Yeah, I know... I know...
thumbnail_IMG_2700.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2699.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2694.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2693.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2692.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2691.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2690.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2689.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2686.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2682.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2681.jpg
By JBRob007
Finally post a bunch of “dirty” pictures... aaaaand... crickets!!!
By Landseer
Is chiffon white a single stage color? (I just re read your first post where you said it is)...That car is going to be irresistible clean. You certainly have a knack for finding them!

Any idea when the big engine and supercharger investment was made? That couldn't have been cheap.
By JBRob007
It was being built by 928MS back in 2016 to be a track car when the owner passed away. The family got the car back but didn’t get it running right and didn’t put very many miles on the clock. Never saw the track 👍 They sold it to a guy in Columbus who had no business owning an 80’s super car, much less with a blower, and he couldn’t afford to get it sorted. I picked it up from him and As far as I can tell it has a rebuilt 5.0 liter w/ 16 V top end, new TB/WP, race radiator, oil pan spacer, MMs, steel sleeved cylinders w/ forged pistons, great steering rack & bushings. Nothing leaks, except weeping from the auto trans seals. Reverting the intake back to stock is a challenge but everything is coming along mechanically. The driver seat bolster is gonna need a LOT of love. The Leather dash & pod are pulled / cracked (of course). The rest of the interior is cleaning up nicely and in very very good shape. I’m going to dye the light colored seats BACK to the stock linen or cream and leave the rest brown. The paint is original/ single stage and the rub strips paint is peeling. The rest is straight, no wrecks or dings & with a little touch up, should buff out VERY nicely.
By JBRob007
That’s the back story 👍
By JBRob007
4CA35758-5F65-431A-AA0D-05B23F2F688B.jpeg
424DA6A3-E547-4A24-B273-0805126D9ECF.jpeg
B9150648-B24D-495D-A30D-DC386165886A.jpeg
FF0B0BB0-3BB3-4156-85F6-B73814520B02.jpeg
Update: We've gotten the intake & all the plumbing back to stock (thank you 928sRus and 928 International), and adjusted the auto transmission and cleaned the all leather interior. Starts, runs & shifts great - the 5.0 liter with the 3 speed tranny is something else 😎. Driver seat repair and redying all the seats BACK to Chiffon is the next big step. Stay tuned!
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By JBRob007
Thanks! We do try 😎. BTW, the super charger kit is SOLD! More $$ for parts, seat repair kit, leather dye, paint buff & polish products.

Yeah - I am putting everything back to stock ... t[…]

I hate insurance companies

UPDATE: I told my insurance agent we were cancell[…]

Hershey 2021 >>> Now Carlisle

So folks will be hanging out in the parking lot at[…]

Cars? What about Harleys?

Just got my M1 license after passing the DMV dri[…]