Welcome all 928 forum refugees!
By checkmate1996
So at 429$ for a new one of these fuel dampers, I wanted to personally see what all the hub bub was about so I decided to cut it open. This donor was leaking fuel through the vacuum line causing a hard warm start condition generally taking two times to start the car the. It would be a rough idle for a moment or two until pressure built back up.

That being said, I didn’t see a smoking gun with the diaphragm but clearly fuel was leaking around it someway.
By Sazerac
Checkmate, very interesting picture.

When you were having that warm start trouble, did you smell any gas as well?
By checkmate1996
No in the car. But I did start to note the problem became progressively worse. The front damper is the first spot to look and sure enough when I pulled off the vacuum line fuel droplets came right out. Put a new one on and all good.
By worf
A vacuum hand pump is your friend when you think you've got bad dampers or regulator if they don't just drip fuel out the vac lines.

Note also, that the rubber elbows and the other N-way connectors do not like being soaked with gasoline. So, if you find a bad regulator or damper, you should spring for a new set of all that rubber. And vac lines too.
ROG100 liked this
Foam Cannon and Pressure Washers

Should be fine with a foam cannon, I use the A[…]

I also use both, especially if the matting surface[…]

Opel Ampera

Switched the tires to summer Conti Eco 6 and what […]

Duplicate post from Rennlist.... For the Fun Runs[…]