Welcome all 928 forum refugees!
By sh944
Welp... originally I was planning on sending my wife's '82 to Michigan to have a new interior put in. Unfortunately, he is apparently no longer taking on any more projects so I had to find a new shop.

After looking around for a bit, I have decided on Dave Van Epps and Sonderwerk in Corrnelius NC to do the work. I had a couple of very nice conversations with him, he was very upfront about what, when and how much, and also said he'd be happy to get started pretty much immediately. So hopefully, by the end of the week, the 928 will be picked up and on its way via enclosed carrier.

This is totally an exercise of passion, not logic, so the cost is not a consideration here. Hopefully about the time we get the car back, Sean will be ready for it and then my wife can be the proud owner of one of the most expensive '82 928's on the planet (in terms of money invested, not actual value... :deadhorse: ). lol
By sh944
lol True enough, I expect the interior is going to cost roughly as much as the ES-175 did. I expect one *might* appreciate more in value over time than the other tho... :drunk:
By checkmate1996
keep us posted...we need more interior option vendors. Good luck!
By sh944
The car arrived in NC today, so it begins...(posting this so I’ll have it documented when it arrived).
By sh944
Update... they are well on their way with the car. David went out and bought a 928 parts car for the shop so that he'd have a source for small parts plus to reuse (after he recovers) the seats.

So far I am happy, looks like I will have the car back by the end of Sept.
By milrad
Just a guess, but Sean will probably be happy to work on a “nice” 82 after the one he has been going toe to toe with!
By sh944
We will see…. I think I am up to, what? 1034 on the list? Lol

Looking forward to sending the car to Sean. I sincerely hope that we wind up with a “forever” car for my wife when he is finished with it. I am confident that spending too much on this endeavor was worth it when I see the smile on Lisa’s face.

And another short clip https://www.youtube.com/wa[…]

Great thread :rockon: I thought it was a gre[…]

I'll be there, hope that doesn't deter anyone else[…]

Panorama September 2021

great representation ~!