Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By amdavid
Looks like the 928 is King Pcar of the OR, so far.

The 928 is one of the few classic Pcars I've yet to own. Owned a 951, 914, 944, Cayenne's and many 911's but never a 9 2 8, which I hear is Wyatt's favorite!......I think Sean's too. :D
By SeanR
You should get one, really. They are a fun car to drive and work on. I smile every time I get in mine even if it's a quick jaunt for parts.

It could also be that these cars need the most help. Technically advanced in their time, Porsches flagship. Basically the Porsches S-class of the day. The new 911's are basically what a 928 would be today had they continued it. A fantastic GT that eats up the road.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:58 am The new 911's are basically what a 928 would be today had they continued it. A fantastic GT that eats up the road.
Yup. Just bass-ackwards and still cylinder challenged. :lol:
By amdavid
Yeah, find me a 5sp for 5-6k I can put 10k into and have a good runner, I'll look. Don't mind getting dirty and cursing at my car, builds character and love for the car.
By worf
amdavid wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am Yeah, find me a 5sp for 5-6k I can put 10k into and have a good runner, I'll look. Don't mind getting dirty and cursing at my car, builds character and love for the car.
Tens years too late. 10k for a 5-sp and 10k in just parts and it will still have issues. Prices of 5-speeds with good bones will start in 10-20k range, minimum, for pre-'92. Porsche parts prices are 300% increased in the last decade.

A 5k 5-speed would have been stored in a swamp for a decade. (A bit of hyperbole there but intended to invoke a mental image which is accurate.)
By amdavid
Exactly! I knew that, and there's no way in hell I'd settle for an auto to save 3-5k, depending on year/model.
worf wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:10 pm
amdavid wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am Yeah, find me a 5sp for 5-6k I can put 10k into and have a good runner, I'll look. Don't mind getting dirty and cursing at my car, builds character and love for the car.
Tens years too late. 10k for a 5-sp and 10k in just parts and it will still have issues. Prices of 5-speeds with good bones will start in 10-20k range, minimum, for pre-'92. Porsche parts prices are 300% increased in the last decade.

A 5k 5-speed would have been stored in a swamp for a decade. (A bit of hyperbole there but intended to invoke a mental image which is accurate.)
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]