Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By N_Jay
Anyone have a CarFax or AutoCheck account?

We have to replace my son's car (Lowly Ford Escape) and have a couple of VINs I would like to get the background on.

Thanks in advance!
By NCporsche
According to Carfax.com, one Carfax report can be purchased for $39.99 and five reports can cost $59.99. For $69.99, you can get unlimited reports for 60 days
By N_Jay
Well THAT is helpful!

Looked on line at one with a dealer buyback, but decided to go a year older and get one with no warranty claims.
By Scott at Team Harco
N_Jay wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am Anyone have a CarFax or AutoCheck account?

We have to replace my son's car (Lowly Ford Escape) and have a couple of VINs I would like to get the background on.

Thanks in advance!
Are either of these VINs for a Ford vehicle?
By N_Jay
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm
N_Jay wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am Anyone have a CarFax or AutoCheck account?

Thanks in advance!
yes, but too late.

We picked up one with what the dealer provided.
The only thing that I would have liked to know ahead of time is it was not a local trade, as I would have used that to negotiate a few more dollars off, after bein told it was a local trade.
By N_Jay
N_Jay wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:32 pm
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Thanks in advance!
yes, but too late.

We picked up one with what the dealer provided.
The only thing that I would have liked to know ahead of time is it was not a local trade, as I would have used that to negotiate a few more dollars off, after bein told it was a local trade.
For about $2500 my son moved up one year (2017 to 2018), up from am SE to an SEL, and down from 82K miles to 32K miles. The only down side was going form a panno roof to no sunroof, but he didn't care about that.
By Scott at Team Harco
I would be able to look at warranty history for this vehicle, if there were interest. PM the VIN, if so.

Just an update on this hot start problem. Since […]

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]