General discussions related to cars and driving
By David993S
It's that time of year again, at least for me. I usually put them away mid-October each year. Who else does this?
Top: 993, 996
Bottom: Ferrari 360, Merc SL550.
amdavid liked this
By Erik N
Winterized the pump.
20211014_165700.jpg
By NSXguy
Since we often store a couple friends' cars as well, we tend to get our toys put away a little earlier.
This year, that process has already started.....considering how cool and wet this Fall has been here.
By Crisis
Yup. Plates expired yesterday on the Solstice. Will do a wash in the driveway this weekend, then it goes to sleep for the winter.
By Erik N
Crisis wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 pm Yup. Plates expired yesterday on the Solstice. Will do a wash in the driveway this weekend, then it goes to sleep for the winter.
I usually wait to do that for a nice, low-humidity day, then take it out to blow dry it before storage.
I got pulled over after a 120+mph spurt in Idaho, in the 928. I explained to the cop that I was drying it out, he let me off the hook. :thumbup:
By ny991
We’ve had good weather here so it’s been a good run. Weather seems to be changing this week so need to take a run and work some K100 into the fuel system and get it in the barn.
By Scott at Team Harco
What's this - put 'em away - noise?

AKSteve, SeaCay, Flat6Noise and 1 others liked this
By fast_freddy
Usually around Thanksgiving for us. It'll certainly snow long before then, the roads are usually clear by 9:00AM and dry though. I winterized my daughters car (Miata) the other day which will find its way into the garage on dollies in a week with a cover and a battery tender and fuel treatment. It'll get stored perpendicular to the bays with the Cayman S keeping it company in a few weeks time. I've got too much crap in the garage now with a purge coming on Saturday taking a 55" CRT TV and some tires to the dump. It's only 24'x24' and suitable for only two cars tucked into the corner with enough room for other garage stuffs that are needed or even a car in the bay near the house to work on but it's very tight with all my wifes freezers. The DD's will live outside for the winter including my sons that'll stay home from christmas break until April while he's at school.

Anyone need any Turbo Twist wheels?
1984 Hellbronze 928S2 Euro For Sale

:eek: :confused: GLWTS Joel. Another one in si[…]

New S4 engine project

only half the frame was ready at the powder coater[…]

992 TTS front axle lift

Enablers :bigcry: Seriously, there are many more[…]

996 cabrio sells for $52k!

Euro 928 II.jpg They're Speedlines (Similar to[…]