General discussions related to cars and driving
By linderpat
Thread bump - I agree wholeheartedly with this. I get to the point where I give someone a few moments to move over, and then I start flicking hi-beams. If that doesn't work, I will pass on the right if I can (on a 4+ lane hwy) or pass crossing a double yellow if I don't see any LEO (and assuming no oncoming cars or bends in the road). If when passing, I see someone on a device like a phone, they get the horn and the finger. Nothing drives me more crazy. Also, it is just about universal around here in Western PA - if the car has an Ohio plate, it is a shitty driver. No exceptions - they must be taught in driver's ed to drive always in the left lane, and to do so slowly, and ignore everything around them. :rtfm:
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:22 am Thread bump - I agree wholeheartedly with this. I get to the point where I give someone a few moments to move over, and then I start flicking hi-beams. If that doesn't work, I will pass on the right if I can (on a 4+ lane hwy) or pass crossing a double yellow if I don't see any LEO (and assuming no oncoming cars or bends in the road). If when passing, I see someone on a device like a phone, they get the horn and the finger. Nothing drives me more crazy. Also, it is just about universal around here in Western PA - if the car has an Ohio plate, it is a shitty driver. No exceptions - they must be taught in driver's ed to drive always in the left lane, and to do so slowly, and ignore everything around them. :rtfm:
Problem is I even see law enforcement do this themselves AND they'll often run up behind someone and just swerve on by like nothing.

It seems about the only offense you can be charged with on today's highways is speeding. Anything else goes for the most part. Very frustrating as proper lane discipline would address a lot of congestion issues.
sundog liked this
By Johnny Five
Floor it or GTFO of the left lane. It’s called a “passing lane” for a reason.

Here’s the newest maneuver that has caught on in my town - I had never seen it in my life now people do it all the time.

Haul ass down the on-ramp to merge into 65 MPH highway traffic - it there’s a car anywhere near their merging zone they slam the brakes and come to a complete stop 2 feet away from 65 MPH traffic. Holy Fucking Shit people are stupid. I won’t stop for them anymore - they get passed on the soft shoulder or half way on the curb by a 3 ton Tundra with horn, brights, and a finger. Fuck them.
By linderpat
Johnny Five wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm Floor it or GTFO of the left lane. It’s called a “passing lane” for a reason.

Here’s the newest maneuver that has caught on in my town - I had never seen it in my life now people do it all the time.

Haul ass down the on-ramp to merge into 65 MPH highway traffic - it there’s a car anywhere near their merging zone they slam the brakes and come to a complete stop 2 feet away from 65 MPH traffic. Holy Fucking Shit people are stupid. I won’t stop for them anymore - they get passed on the soft shoulder or half way on the curb by a 3 ton Tundra with horn, brights, and a finger. Fuck them.
Yeah, I hate that when that happens. Trepiditious mice should stay home and not drive. All Volvo and Prious owners should be pulled over and have their licenses revoked on sight, and cars taken to the crusher. Same with anyone with an OH license plate :evilgrin:
By NCporsche
As to the comment about Ohio drivers. Made one recent trip to Ohio and was surprised when the WAZY app started alerting me to potholes. Ohio drivers must drive in the left lane to avoid these rim wreckers.
By Scott at Team Harco
NCporsche wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am As to the comment about Ohio drivers. Made one recent trip to Ohio and was surprised when the WAZY app started alerting me to potholes. Ohio drivers must drive in the left lane to avoid these rim wreckers.
I don't think so. They get in the left lane and stay there. It doesn't matter whether they are driving in their home state, or not.
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm
NCporsche wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am As to the comment about Ohio drivers. Made one recent trip to Ohio and was surprised when the WAZY app started alerting me to potholes. Ohio drivers must drive in the left lane to avoid these rim wreckers.
I don't think so. They get in the left lane and stay there. It doesn't matter whether they are driving in their home state, or not.
Exactly - when I see that ugly OH plate, and there are plenty of them around here in Western PA, I just start flicking hi-beams. I don't even give them a chance to move anymore. They apparently aren't taught to use rear view mirrors either. Having said all that, my 928 Buckeye Shark brothers are exceptional drivers :evilgrin:
By Scott at Team Harco
linderpat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm
Exactly - when I see that ugly OH plate, and there are plenty of them around here in Western PA, I just start flicking hi-beams. I don't even give them a chance to move anymore. They apparently aren't taught to use rear view mirrors either. Having said all that, my 928 Buckeye Shark brothers are exceptional drivers :evilgrin:
There are always exceptions to the rule.
linderpat liked this
Formula 1 2020

... and Mercedes might not renew Hammy's cont[…]

When the time comes, can you do simple play by p[…]

Bring A Trailer finds

^^nice. love the GT, but I just can't do red, dang[…]

Drop links

For those with aftermarket adjustable drop links, […]