By worf
Subject is a good summary.

BaT - in its infancy and "teenage" years - used to be a place where you could sell a project car. Hence "bring a trailer."

No longer is that the case it seem unless it's pieces of a Ferrari.

I don't want to waste time with BaT since they have rejected three (100%) of my previous submissions for cars that were not project cars (at all.)

I have an '88 16V Scirocco. Cosmetically in pretty-good shape. Mechanically in need of restoration. Runs (on 3 of 4 cylinders due to lack of fuel to one hole) but has an internal transaxle issue that prevents the clutch from operating.

I will never "get to it" so it's time for it to go.

I'm not looking for a ton of money. I'm more interested in finding it a home with someone that wants to restore it or part it to enable a better Scirocco to continue on the road. (Mine has a lot of good parts on it despite needing a lot of TLC.)

So... the question is:

What's the over/under on a good place to present it?

I have some of my own ideas but wanted to hear from the collective.
By amdavid
If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
By Scott at Team Harco
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 am If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
"I know what I have".
By amdavid
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:41 pm
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 am If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
"I know what I have".
I hear you, however some exposure might get things rolling. The forum idea was good.
By fpena944
I tend to use Facebook marketplace more than Craigslist these days.

Yeah I know a lot of you hate that site but I've found a lot of interesting things on there and prefer the interface to CL.

Plus there's at least an additional layer between you and a scammer compared to CL since you can spy on the person you're corresponding with and see what they're about.
tooloud10, maddog2020 liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]