By SeanR
Lust comes to mind. I still keep dreaming that the AMG CLK Black will become affordable as I think the CLK styling is just sexy. We have a CLK 320 and I can imagine having 500+HP in that. Then AMG keeps turning up the volume with versions of the GT (which Porsche dropped the ball on doing a new 928) and this thing would be so much fun.

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/vehicle ... type=MBUSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfojlfT ... type=MBUSA
By dryadsdad
Just for grins, and because like you, I'm wildly attracted to these cars, I did a config at the Benz site. Mine is yellow with black seats having yellow stitching and yellow seatbelts. Time to once again buy a lottery ticket....

I have to view myself as an obsolete and dying breed. I can't get used to not having a clutch in a sporty car. I understand that like our Panny this is more a luxo GT car than a sports one, but still, I'd like the option to shift myself as I would with the Panny.
SeanR, Louis de Funes liked this
By JDS968
I think the AMG GT is very attractive and appealing, but I still like the SLS styling better. Plus, better sound. Dennis across the street when I lived in Florida had a silver one.

Either way, I still think I'll always enjoy a lighter, stiffer sports car better than these heavier, softer Grand Tourers.

And I think ALL cars should have clutch pedals, even sedans and station wagons. Torque converters are for towing and rock crawling.
By TheDeckMan
Damn that thing is a monster, AMG Blacks have always been a lust for me. Almost pulled the trigger on a CLK63BLK prior to the 997tt, came down to the 3 pedals.
By Mongo
It's a do or die for me own an AMG GT. But the blacks series makes Porsches look silly. The sound that flat plane crank makes is just so insidious in a Benz.
By SeanR
Mongo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:48 pm It's a do or die for me own an AMG GT. But the blacks series makes Porsches look silly. The sound that flat plane crank makes is just so insidious in a Benz.
They didn't play up the sound on this one, which was a bit disappointing. Wonder if it is pretty mute due to the turbos. Which I doubt. Buddy of mine bought his daughter an AMG 45 and that little 4 pot snap, crackles and pops like mad.
By Gator_86_951
I have always been on the fence with the AMG GT. Definitely cool, but I am also not that big of a fan of street cars with huge wings etc.. That Black version looks sick AF though. My BIL in Tallahassee has one in purple matte wrap. Have not been down there to drive it yet.
117428378_10220086152922910_5715029849867197609_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By JDS968
I LOVE street cars with huge wings. I would definitely daily drive a '69 Daytona if I had that kind of cash.

Even huger, when I get a 993 I'm going to put a GT2 tail base and 70" Predator wing from GT Racing on it.
TheDeckMan liked this
By Fox_
Great shape.

Want, can't afford.
By Gator_86_951
JDS968 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:10 am I LOVE street cars with huge wings. I would definitely daily drive a '69 Daytona if I had that kind of cash.

Even huger, when I get a 993 I'm going to put a GT2 tail base and 70" Predator wing from GT Racing on it.
You and Chris would get along just fine I think. He is closer in age to you than me. We should do Sebring or Daytona together when it is acceptable to get into aluminum tubes again.
By JDS968
Gator_86_951 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:55 am
JDS968 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:10 am I LOVE street cars with huge wings. I would definitely daily drive a '69 Daytona if I had that kind of cash.

You and Chris would get along just fine I think. He is closer in age to you than me. We should do Sebring or Daytona together when it is acceptable to get into aluminum tubes again.
Drive it ourselves or watch the pros do it?
By Gator_86_951
JDS968 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:47 am
Gator_86_951 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:55 am

Drive it ourselves or watch the pros do it?
Probably the pros at first. We could do a DE, but only @ Sebring. I am not even sure if anybody does a DE at Daytona anymore, and if there is one, it would be with the PCA club race which would be invite only solo/instructor. Let me get my car finished (this fall?) and maybe get back to instructor/solo level again (shouldn't take too long, maybe 2 events) and we can do an event with Chin. That way, even if you aren't at solo level, we could share the 951 and Chris could bring his McClaren or the GT. More later.
By DAVfoto
It feels a bit over the top. The SL65 Black and SLS black had that feeling of aggressive but not showmanship over the top aggression. C63 Black as well.

Just my opinion.
By TRAKCAR
And it’s $350K

I may try out an GTR Pro. Just need to find a nice CPO one.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]