By Cuda911
I love those cars! Came so close to buying one (the original 1800) several times. Congrats to your folks!
Last edited by Cuda911 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Johnny Five
What a beautiful car. I didn’t know these existed. What year model in the photos?
By Johnny Five
Holy shit I just looked up the “avant” and it’s even cooler!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By SCX2132
I've had a fair number of these over the years... These were the among coolest cheap cars available in New England in the early 1980s. They were prolific, usually sitting in peoples yards cuz they were dead but too cool to throw away. My first one was free because I showed interest in it, then a long series of junkers provided enough parts to get me through college. I didn't tire of these for many years and got better ones later on. I work on one now for my friend now, the build quality is "OK" being a volvo/british hybrid.

The rarest one was the black Jensen... it was very rough as found in the woods.
The most original untouched one was the white ES
The "best" one was the green 1800E..modded, fast (ish) etc.

es-1.jpeg
IMG_6359.JPG
DSC01078.jpg
photo copy 14.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By N_Jay
They used to be on my list back in the day when I had a list of cars I wanted.

I thought it would have been a great car to tour the County in after high school.
By amdavid
Johnny, you've been missing a true classic with curves! I think there's a 1 million +mile P1800 rolling around somewhere in the states. My dad bought new for my mom on Valentines day 1973.
an1113-175443_2.jpg
By Landseer
My dad bought a 67 1800S in a light yellow.

We loved that car. My wife and I actually dated in it back in the late 70s. Wish we had it back! (Hopefully it can't tell any tales).

I tried to restore it in mid 80s, but the rust had prevailed beneath the undercoating and so the unibody boxed parts were toasted beyond my capabilities.

That ES in light blue is the best of the best!
Last edited by Landseer on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By fpena944
How did Volvo go from that gorgeous design to the boxes of the 200, 700, and 900 series that I grew up seeing?!?
By WBYonder
amdavid wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:38 pm Johnny, you've been missing a true classic with curves! I think there's a 1 million +mile P1800 rolling around somewhere in the states. My dad bought new for my mom on Valentines day 1973.

an1113-175443_2.jpg
That was a 3.2 million mile car, the owner passed away a couple of years ago.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cultur ... -obituary/
By amdavid
Props to Irv. I like road trips, but not sure 3.2 million miles worth of road trip miles is my cup...
New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

I've got the P Zero Rossos, which I'm happy with. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]

Thanks for getting back to us.

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]