ATV and UTVs, Argos and dirt buggies

Boats, Planes, Motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and all other fun non-automotive vehicles
JimV8

ATV and UTVs, Argos and dirt buggies

Post by JimV8 »

I had a VW based single seat race car years ago which wasn’t competitive but I’d always wanted to try that out. After one race I realized I didn’t have the money to keep up to to the breaking parts and it was extremely uncomfortable too. So I retired from dirt racing, but still liked the idea of going fast through the dirt. When I bought my acreage I did a walkabout to scout where the track should go and started working on it. So when the Outlander 800 went for sale nearby I snapped it up knowing very little about them or how a modified one works. I learned pretty soon it was way to loud and the clutch was set up to snap off. So I can get anywhere real fast, but as it turns out it’s the wrong tool for the job and I really need a tractor. I have one of those too , a 1970s made in Japan CAT977L, it is unstoppable, 2 yard bucket that lifts 13 ft. I’ll need it for a couple more season and sell it for what I paid for it.
Johnny Five

Re: ATV and UTVs, Argos and dirt buggies

Post by Johnny Five »

My cousin just sent me this photo. I gave him an old workhouse electric club car that hauled parts for a local factory for a decade or more. Still running strong - he just finished a redneck lift today so he can bumble around in the pasture and woods. Looks good!
Attachments
5D6F7D02-79C2-4E3C-A4D2-F40AF1F38B08.jpeg
Airkuhl

Post by Airkuhl »

Exploring the local mountains.
20190615_124633.jpg
Formerly PeterS on RL
JustBud

Post by JustBud »

Contemplating getting a side by side..... looking at this one.

anybody have any experience with these?

Can am? RZR? Talon?
DAVfoto

Post by DAVfoto »

I feel like Can Am has a bit more lower COG compared to the RZR and would be more stable at speed. I want one as well!
@gtscountry - my Cayenne GTS roadtrip story.
http://www.blakedavenport.net - my photo stuff
JustBud

Post by JustBud »

I agree, that's a big consideration for me.... not contemplating doing Ken Block style stuff with it, just adventuring....

He has this one set up pretty nice, I bet he has as much in accessories on it as he does in the purchase price.

Airkuhl

Post by Airkuhl »

It really depends on where you plan to ride. The RZR and Can Am will be great in high speed open areas like deserts and huge fields, but their width and long wheelbases make them clumsy and irritating in the woods. If you will be on trails and in the trees more, consider a Yamaha RMAX or Honda Pioneer.
Formerly PeterS on RL
lupo.sk

Post by lupo.sk »

I have an older short RZR-S and slowly looking at replacement that’s not twice the size and / or lenght. It’s pretty hard to find actually.

I definitely suggest riding a couple of them prior to purchase.
++++++++++[>+>+++>+++++++>++++++++++<<<<-]>>>---.>+++++++++++.+.+++++++++.<<++.>>-----.------------.+.++++++++++.<<++++++++++++.------------.>>-------------.+++++++++++++++.------------------.++++++++.------.+++++++++++++.+.<<.>---------.<+++++++++.---------.