At some point, why not just get a car?

Boats, Planes, Motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and all other fun non-automotive vehicles
Airkuhl

At some point, why not just get a car?

Post by Airkuhl »

IMG_2548.JPG
Formerly PeterS on RL
Cuda911

Re: At some point, why not just get a car?

Post by Cuda911 »

I often think the same when I see trikes with trailers.
Mike
פאק רננליסט
fpena944
"El Jefe"

Post by fpena944 »

Especially when you have an option like a convertible that will pretty much provide the same type of driving experience.
G8RB8

Post by G8RB8 »

They can un-ass that shit when they get where they're going and they're on two wheels again.
Their rants sound like a retarded jihadist braying medieval hokum, about as profound as explosive diarrhea but without its charm.
sh944
Banned from RL

Post by sh944 »

I’m with the OP. When I am traveling cross country on a bike, I want to pack as light as possible and not deal with all that shit, it makes traveling by bike a huge hassle when it’s loaded down. If I know where I’m going, I’ll usually ship stuff ahead to my destination and the ship it back home, or I’ll just buy new stuff as I need it on the trip.

I find most people bring way too much stuff “just in case they need it” and then never actually do.
Following the path of least resistance to the lowest common denominator since 1961... "The only way to live free is to live unobserved." - Etienne de la Boiete. My pronouns are “curmudgeon”, “geezer” and “I don’t give a shit what yours are”.
fpena944
"El Jefe"

Post by fpena944 »

sh944 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 am I’m with the OP. When I am traveling cross country on a bike, I want to pack as light as possible and not deal with all that shit, it makes traveling by bike a huge hassle when it’s loaded down. If I know where I’m going, I’ll usually ship stuff ahead to my destination and the ship it back home, or I’ll just buy new stuff as I need it on the trip.

I find most people bring way too much stuff “just in case they need it” and then never actually do.
When we go on an overnight or weekend trip we often have enough to pack the back of the Cayenne.

Yeah my wife likes to be prepared for any potential situation so an impromptu trip on two wheels probably won't fly!
Gretch

Post by Gretch »

the older I get, the more comfortable I want to be..........

I don't give a shit about gas mileage any more.

A Carrera is more comfortable than a Harley and an F 250 Superduty Crew cab is more comfortable than a Carrera......
Chillin' HILLBILLY
No one would have believed the story. Hell, I couldn't have conjured it up on my most wistful day. While there is no accounting for my outrageous good fortune, it turns out, discipline IS its own reward!
BTW, I am delighted to be "chilling" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc
JDS968

Post by JDS968 »

Gretch wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:56 pmthe older I get, the more comfortable I want to be..........

A Carrera is more comfortable than a Harley and an F 250 Superduty Crew cab is more comfortable than a Carrera......
Can't get a Class A motorhome up the mountain?
NSXguy

Post by NSXguy »

Yes, I consider our S2000 like a sportbike with seatbelts, airbags, a trunk plus a top that goes up in 6 seconds if the weather turns.
N_Jay

Post by N_Jay »

JDS968 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:39 am
Gretch wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:56 pmthe older I get, the more comfortable I want to be..........

Can't get a Class A motorhome up the mountain?
And now we understand those"Suburban Adventure Vehicles".